incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Volunteers needed: To update NL download pages later this week
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:43:51 GMT
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM, Reizinger Zoltán <zreizinger@hdsnet.hu> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> 2012.04.30 21:41 időpontban Rob Weir ezt írta:
>
>> The following tasks are on the wiki and need owners:
>>

>> Manually update the downloads from the Arabic NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Czech NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the German NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Spanish NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the French NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Hungarian NL homepage
>
> I volunteer for Hungarian page, modified wiki
>
>> Manually update the downloads from the Galacian NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Italian NL homepage and
>> subpages (pescetti)
>> Manually update the downloads from the Japanese NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Dutch NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Brazilian NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Russian NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Simplified Chinese NL homepage
>> Manually update the downloads from the Traditional Chinese NL homepage
>>

>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks
>>
>> Only one of them has an owner (Thanks, Andrea!)
>>
>> What needs to be done?
>>
>> We need someone to review these NL pages and identify what needs to be
>> changed to support the AOO 3..4 release.
>>
>> Changes to consider:
>>
>> 1) Branding changes (OpenOffice.org -> Apache OpenOffice)
>>
>> 2) Updates to download location,  for the 3.4 releases instead of the
>> 3.3 release
>>
>> 3) References to the old LGPL license need to be changed to Apache
>> 2.0 License
>>
>> 4) References to old NLC email addresses, marketing leads, etc., need
>> to be replaced by the new Apache email lists.
>>
>> 5) Other similar changes.
>>
>> You don't need to do a complete rewrite of the pages.  But we should
>> "refresh" the page with information on the AOO 3.4 release.
>>
>> Timeline looks like this:
>>
>> -- Wednesday May 2nd -- Vote ends on approving the 3.4 release
>>
>> -- Thursday-Friday -- Update the mirrors with the release, test the
>> new download websites.
>>
>> -- Over the weekend, additional website updates and testing
>>
>> -- Monday or Tuesday, if everything is working well, then we make
>> public announcement
>>

>> So ideally we would have the NL website updates done at the end of
>> this week.   However, we should not make them be live on the
>> production server until after the mirrors are populated.  Maybe
>> easiest way to coordinate is to submit patches for the changes into
>> BZ?
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>>
> My problem with the downloaded files from svn, which one needs to be
> changed?

Good question.  For Hungarian, the files are here;

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/hu/

> My problem is that the "old" Hungarian OOo site contains files which was
> manually customized, the content and layout not match to the English site.
> How can I proceed, I download En site from svn and translate it, and upload
> to Hungarian part of svn?

You could do that.  Dave has some instructions for doing that:

http://markmail.org/message/pnqr7qmdzrvricxq

If you have time to translate and create a new Hungarian homepage that
would be ideal.  But if we can just patch the old page to update it
for AOO 3.4, that is good for now.

> How can I check my work, I'm an only Hungarian in PPMC?

It depends on how familiar you are with command line tools like
Subversion.  If you are, then just check out the files, modify and
commit the changes.  Otherwise you could make all your changes
locally, zip them up and attach then to a BZ issue and I (or another
developer) can check them in.

Thanks,

-rob