incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Official Google+ Page for Apache OpenOffice
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 11:40:33 GMT
Like Twitter and Facebook, Google+ is a good way to engage with users
and the larger OpenOffice ecosystem.  Unlike Twitter, Google+ has some
enhanced capabilities, such as ease of sharing pictures and video and
chat "hangouts".  The user base is slightly different as well. Google+
is more "cutting edge" at present, compared to Twitter, and has more
early adopters.

An important capability from the perspective of the PPMC is that
Google+ has built in support for allowing multiple account "managers",
allowing us to put an account under PPMC control and share
responsibilities for maintaining it.

I'm proposing that we make this Google+ account into the official
Google+ account for the project.   I'd be happy to add any PPMC
members who are willing to help me with it.  Just send me your Google
ID and I will add you.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/114598373874764163668/114598373874764163668/about

-Rob