incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Symphony contribution logistics
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 14:32:48 GMT
Wearing my IBM hat for a minute...

We're putting the final touches on our Symphony contribution.   The
contribution will look something like this:

1) A source tree

2) An SGA that covers IBM intellectual property in that source tree

3) A set of binary install images, for the convenience of project
members wishing to review this contribution

4) Some written material that describes in detail the enhancements
made in Symphony compared to OpenOffice.

The source tree is comparable in size to OpenOffice, so it will not be
possible for us to just check it in without interfering with Apache
SVN mirroring.  So I'm proposing that we (IBM) will make a local SVN
repository, check the code into there, and then generate a dumpfile
from SVN that we can share with Infra, and which they can schedule for
import.

I propose that we put this tree here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/symphony/trunk

Once we've made the contribution, and once the community has had the
opportunity to review what is there, we can then have a discussion on
how we can make best use of this contribution to advance the project.

Does this sound right?  Any concerns?

-Rob