incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logo of AOO in SVG?
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 13:42:19 GMT
On 28 April 2012 14:26, Claudio Filho <filhocf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I will give my first presentation about AOO in Flisol - Latin America
> Free Software Install Fest - and tried to find the current logo in
> SVG. Other thing that i not found was the used font of current logo.
>
> The max that i found was this page[1], where have a SVG, but is a
> embedded bitmap inside a SVG, what don't help.
> [1]
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpageattachments.action?pageId=27834483
>
> Someone can give me a path or URL?

I can't find any vector representation and that is very, very bad, We
should not be relying on raster graphics as definitives for logos. Always
have the defined base as a vector and produce rasters at resolutions and
scales required. If no vector representation of the AOO logo exists (odg
would be a logical format for the project but probably svg is better
because it is the accepted international open standard) I will attempt to
make one as close to the current originals as possible.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.