incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logo of AOO in SVG?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:02:23 GMT
On 29 April 2012 14:44, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 29 avr. 12 à 15:36, Ian Lynch a écrit :
>

>> I'm also looking at producing the same logo as a .odg. Unfortunately Draw
>> does not import the svg file very well (at least no in the LibreOffice
>> version LibreOffice 3.5.2.2 Build ID: 350m1(Build:202)
>>

> And what about use Apache OpenOffice to produce this logo as a .odg?
>
> There is something I do not understand ...

I'm using what happens to be on my computer having just installed Ubuntu.
Simple as that.

I could download and install the AOO RC now but time is not on my side. The
real issue is the file format. I'm more proficient in Inkscape than Draw so
someone else might like to do it in Draw but I still think there is a
decision to make as to whether we want it as odg or svg unless we can get
absolute fidelity between colour gradients. It's beyond my technical
knowledge to know. The advantage of svg is that it should display direct in
most up to date web browsers whereas odg won't.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.