incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft blog post: Avoiding OpenOffice Download Scams
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:27:26 GMT
On 30 April 2012 19:10, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=draft_avoiding_openoffice_download_scams
>
> I know Louis and others have dealt with these things for longer.
> Anything else I should mention?
>
> I considered adding a discussion of the importance of MD5 hashes,
> etc., but that is not really the skill level of the end user who
> downloads OpenOffice.
>
> I'm also cc'ing trademarks@ since it may be of interest to them and/or
> they might have feedback.

A few suggestions:

The first paragraph should be quoted and / or in italic.

s/the open source license/its open source license/ - there are several
instances of this.

If the end-user is likely to find the concept of MD5 difficult, won't
they also find it difficult to use the provided e-mail link?

i.e. mailto:ooo-private-AT-incubator.apache-DOT-org

Also, do such reports need to go to the private mailing list?