incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Grignon <kevingrignon...@gmail.com>
Subject [USER EXPERIENCE DESIGN] Hello
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 07:37:59 GMT
Hello All,

I joined the AOO project a few weeks ago and wanted to take a moment to
formally introduce myself to the project.

My name is Kevin Grignon, I'm a user experience designer with 15 years of
experience in product research, interaction design and usability
evaluation. I'm a Certified User Experience Professional who is currently
working for IBM, based out of Shanghai, China.

I'm very excited to be joining this effort, and look forward to
contributing to the design direction moving forward.

My area of interest are related to product design and user experience
design. I feel that successful products are those that are designed for
people. I feel that technology should compliment, rather thank disrupt,
people's lives. I like to balance incremental enhancements to the existing
user experience, with explorations of future design direction and
innovation.

Within the Apache OpenOffice community, I'm looking to work with others who
are interested in researching and understanding how people use our products
to accomplish their goals. More specifically, I'd like to determine how
might we understand how people use our tools today, what works? what
doesn't? I'd also like to understand how people will use our tools in the
future? I'd like to understand the customer journey and the document life
cycle in the age of social networks, mobile devices and cloud computing.

There has been some really great UX work done in past on this project, I'd
like to build of this strong base and bring AOO to the next level.

Please contact me if you are interested in working together to
re-invigoratethe UX effort on Apache OpenOffice moving forward. I'd like to
work with development to learn how I can contribute to feature design and
direction. I'd like to work with users to understand what OpenOffice means
in the context of their world.

Best regards,
Kevin

Kevin Grignon