incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Guy Waterval <waterval....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feeling my oats this morning
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 20:12:23 GMT
Hi all,

2012/4/5 Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com>

> On Apr 5, 2012, at 10:29 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
> >
> > Finally, I think this project is very happy to talk to reporters who
> might
> > have questions when preparing an article. It is not an imposition.  It is
> > part of what Apache PMC's do. It is an easy way to avoid sloppy errors.
> >

> Yeppers... I seem to recall someone not on the PPMC saying that he
> rec'd queries from reporters about AOOo. I'm sure he's been relaying
> them to the right people here. Not doing so would be simply irresponsible.

 Why not to propose an official presentation of the project in different
languages, that people could publish for instance in the newsletter of
their Company, golf club, school, association or other (with a link to the
official web version). Of course such an article would not appear as a
marketting message but a pure information describing to people in an
accessible language to all, the philsophy of the Apache foundation, what is
the AOO project, what it can bring them in their daily activities. I think
that could be an interesting way to take the control of the communication
around the project and spread the word to the basis of the users. Moreover,
these publishing areas are free of charge, and their redactors are often
happy to find articles to publish.
Only an idea.

A+
--