incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Twitter Account
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 13:19:12 GMT
On 4/19/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 2:18 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I have asked Alexandro many times over several months whether he would
>>> put that Twitter account under the control of the AOO PPMC, rather
>>> than treat it as his personal account.  He has not agreed to do
>>> this,so I've made a new account which I am putting under PPMC control.
>>>  We've had this discussion, in open, on this list.
>>
>> I dont remember having this discussion with you. So what are you talking
>> about?
>>

> In this thread, on this list and several times.
>
> For example, 8 days ago I wrote:
>
> "Hi Alexandro -- Is the above your Twitter account?  If so, would you
> be willing to contribute it to the AOO project, so we can rebrand it
> and allow other PMC members to have write access to it, etc.?"
>
> You didn't seem to understand that, perhaps due to my poor
> description.  So I described in more detail what I was looking for:
>
> "By "contribute to the AOO project" I mean give control to the AOO PMC,
> so we can use it as a project-wide account, similar to how we treat
> the blog:
>
> -- Any PPMC member, upon request, can have write access.
>
> -- We can use the project's official logo in conjunction with the account.
>
> -- We would promote the account on our project's website.
>
> -- We would generally treat the account as an official voice of the
> project, not as a personal account."
>
> Again, no response.  Instead of giving a straightforward yes or no
> answer, you changed the subject to debating support questions via
> Twitter.

Which means that I want to discuss this first before moving the
account or creating a new one.

> Is the question I'm asking clear?
>

>>> I've done the work.  I've done the research.  I've worked this through
>>> the community.  I've created the account.  I've applied the Apache
>>> branding.  I've signed up other PPMC members to have access to this
>>> account.  I've updated the website.
>>
>> Then what you mean with 'I never recieved a reply'. Rob you are acting
>> on your own, and that is really not good for the community not your
>> reputation of power grabber.  Is very skewed the way you reffer
>> yourself as 'we', when is only you acting on your own behalf.
>>

> I'm not acting on my own at all.  I'm creating an account for use by
> any PPMC member who want to volunteer to help with this Twitter
> account.  I'm discussing how we use Twitter and Google+ as a project,

Great but we had that already. Why are you duplicating efforts?

> and I'm doing this openly on the public list.   This is a topic I've
> raised repeatedly on ooo-dev and ooo-private for several months.  Now
> that we are nearing release time for 3.4 it is time for moving forward
> with these proposals.
>
> "Acting on your own" sounds more like PPMC members who sit on such
> accounts, treat them as personal accounts, and never offer them to the
> PPMC, and never worked with the PPMC to make the best use of them.

Well these accounts were long before the PPMC ever existed, and at the
same time, were available for the group before there was a PPMC. PPMC
can join in anytime they want. But like I mentioned, the service to
handled this is no longer available, and we need to tie them to a new
service.

Again if all fails, you can always email me the post to be launched. I
dont see a dealbreaker. But acting like nobody replied to you, is a
skewed message for everybody.

>>> This is not about how many people follow the account.  The question is
>>> purely about which account can be under PPMC control and thus be the
>>> official account.
>>
>> What you mean with PPMC control, I am a PPMC and I control the
>> account. So what exactly is the issue here? Do you want to have
>> control of the account? If so please say so and not act as a 'we' when
>> is an 'I'.
>>

> Having it controlled by a single PPMC member is not the same as "under
> PPMC control".  That is not what I am aiming for at all.

Agreed, thats why I want more information on how can we achieved PPMC
control and what is the timeframe. I thought that's what we were
discussing before you claiming you never received any reply from the
account owner.

--
Alexandro Colorado
OpenOffice.org Español