incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Twitter Account
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 14:52:16 GMT
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:33 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@apache.org> wrote:
>>> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@apache.org>

refer to his decisions as
are shaping.

of the @openofficeorg

a different
time is to create

about the issue then

Unless there is
much logic in not

PPMC, rather
PPMC

AOO

>>> Agree 100% on the security side. So, what is needed from us to move
>>> things on, what's missing on our part?
>>
>> Well before cotweet service use to work in this situations having
>> multiple mantainers, cotweet has change its business model as of feb
>> 15 and the others are also non-free or beta stage. We will need to
>> look and try services that will allow us to have multiple account
>> contributors. I have done my search and at the moment the only
>> reliable service is the one I mentioned before (Ping.fm) but only for
>> twitter (no fb or G+).
>>
>> Ping.fm is only useful for publishing, not interacting with users,
>> which is also a problem. BirdHeard seems to be beta and will
>> eventually charge for this, so we need to look for a service that
>> allow us for all to interact.
>
> Just give Infra control, and let them sort out those details.
> Unless you don't trust Infra - hope not - this seems to me the best
> thing to do to share it.

Is not a matter of trust but responsiveness. We need authentication to
setup these things, infra will slow down the process. At the same time
I do wonder how the ASF and other accounts is being handled currently.

i dont get the necessity of setting the account up for PPMC at the
moment. If there is a need to publish announcement, they can use
Ping.fm already.

> Roberto
>

>>> Roberto

I've