incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 21:25:52 GMT
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 2:07 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> In return, and to demonstrate that this is not about control on my
>> part,  I'm happy to listen to any proposal you [Alexandro] might have
>> regarding
>>
>> open PPMC access to the Twitter account.  And if you make your Twitter
>> account just as openly available to PPMC members as I've done with the
>> new one, then I'll be happy to notify followers of the new Twitter
>> account that they should follow the one that you turn over to PPMC
>> control.
>

> This is a very reasonable proposal and it would be a positive, constructive
> outcome of this long discussion. Just to clarify, I'm not personally
> interested in managing any of the "social" OpenOffice channels, let alone
> posting content there: I would just like that the project has one clear
> official channel on each social media, with shared access. Users are already
> confused enough.

I agree giving PPMC control eventually, but I think is better to
settle the process before sending it to infrastructure. Once
infrastructure gets control it would be harder to test these services.
I had asked for people to help me test the account but response has
not been great, actually I think it has been lost in the discussion at
least twice.