incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Twitter Account
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:34:00 GMT
On 4/19/12, Roberto Galoppini <rgaloppini@geek.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:08 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@apache.org> wrote:

with support
us.

but that would be
and the handlers.

experience of

issue of
create and why/why

If this

>>> I think you misunderstand something here. Rob decided not on his own, I
>>
>> No way to prove that.
>>
>>> think it was the outcome of this longer discussion. and if the owner of
>>> the existing account doesn't reply it is natural to move forward with a
>>> new one, isn't it?
>>>
>>> What is your concern here?
>>
>> Rob contacted me on the matter, and I reply back into the thread and
>> now he said that nobody replied and refer to his decisions as we, when
>> he is the one alone making how things are shaping.
>
> Alexandro are you actually the maintainer of the @openofficeorg account?

yes I am.

> If this is the case, guess we could go in a different direction, if
> not I guess the only option we have at this time is to create another
> one.

My point is exactly that, Rob did contact me about the issue then said
nobody reply to him.

> Roberto
>

>>> Juergen

PeerIndex

Colorado wrote:
> [...]
on the user end. Also
accounts active. Making

that frequently, and I am
a release.

experience is
of contact is also

is equally not good
to stick to the account
we structure one

both on Facebook
keeping the content
to an individual.

on creating new accounts
good strategy to solve
problems.

could be handle by
Rob mention that
I am also not sure how
specially when it comes to
(for example).

I am not at all
- not at all.

twitter and identi.ca)
broadcast mechanism.

Rob Weir wrote:
> [...]
PM, drew
17:43 +0200, Roberto Galoppini
at 4:09 PM, Rob Weir<

outreach, via Twitter, Facebook, Google+,
of outreach to users. Although the
firmly rooted in mailing lists, we know
world.   If we want to engage with
that they use, and communicate the way

very close to the AOO 3.4 release, I'd
Twitter account, under PPMC control.

control" I mean something similar to how

upon request, can have write

the project's official logo in

the account on our project's

treat the account as an official
as a personal account.

we need to pre-review and and approve
the account.  But we should set
be used in a professional fashion,
this project, not used to settle personal
business, etc.

to agree on a simple guideline for
to handle it. I'm thinking not only
also about who to follow, how to