incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Twitter Account
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:15:29 GMT
My point is that we are going to be bombarded with support questions,
regardless if we choose not to, is not up to us.

Sure you can redirect them to the ML/Forums, but that would be done
99% of the time, which will frustrate the user and the handlers.

That's the point I wanted to make based on the experience of handling
these accounts in the past.

Like I said, I am more concern with solving the issue of operation
first than figuring out which new accounts to create and why/why not.

On 4/17/12, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 11:02 -0500, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
>> I think this provide a bit of confussion on the user end. Also I
>> recognize the struggle of keeping the accounts active. Making multiple
>> accounts will increase the job.
>>
>> The blog itself has not been updated that frequently, and I am not
>> sure if this will increase as we get a release.
>>
>> Most of the use of the accounts on my experience is support-like
>> issues. So relying on one single point of contact is also pretty bad.
>>
>> Having an AOO-Support and AOO-Annoucement is equally not good strategy
>> in my account because people will tend to stick to the account that
>> they see crossing their path. (Just because we structure one way,
>> doesnt mean users will do so).
>>
>> One of the issues of openofficeorg accounts both on Facebook Google
>> plus and twitter had been the issue of keeping the content fresh and
>> also interacting as a group as opposed to an individual.
>>
>> I would argue to stop taking liberties on creating new accounts and
>> instead take liberties on designing a good strategy to solve some of
>> these basic issues that tackle these problems.
>>
>> So far I am not even sure how these accounts could be handle by
>> infrastructure and what are the requirements. Rob mention that
>> infrastructure should manage these, but I am also not sure how long
>> will they take to proxy the messages specially when it comes to
>> support and we get 100 inquiries a day (for example).
>
> Hi Alexandro,
>
> Good points - I would simply emphasize that I am not at all saying that
> the apacheoo accounts should be about support - not at all.
>
> The ApacheOO accounts (lets focus on just twitter and identi.ca) for a
> moment - would be used specifically as a broadcast mechanism.
>
> How I as envisioning it, at least.
>
> //drew

OOo name

--