incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:23:04 GMT
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>>> But the official ones are already set up.  We've already had this
>>> discussion.  The accounts are set up and they have already been shared
>>> with the PPMC .  We already have several PPMC co-authors on them.
>>> They are already linked to on the website.  Announcements have already
>>> gone out to ooo-announce.  They are already in the AOO 3.4
>>> announcement draft.  Content is going out on these channels, from the
>>> PPMC, on a daily basis.  This is all already done, in preparation for
>>> the AOO 3.4 launch.
>>
>> It would be good if you close those accounts and work with the ones
>> that were already working. Like I said before doesnt make sense to
>> duplicate efforts.
>>

> Like your Google+ page that has not had a post since last November?
> What is your excuse there?   Google+ has integrated multi-author
> support.  You don't need to spend months "investigating" alternative
> tooling.  It is already there.

This is a double question, you can say that I have never done
anything, or ask why you or anyone else did anything to post new
content. Manage an account and manage the project content are two
different things. Some of these content was automated, like publishing
new templates and plugins, but since the Apache re-infrastructure and
the drop of services, these content automation was lost. Hence my
point on looking for tools to replace that functionality. Creating new
accounts is NOT solving the problem but adding confusion to the user.
You are free to propose new tools that can replace the previous one.