incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 16:35:11 GMT
On 4/28/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

out. Even if
strategy and a good

OpenOffice

 You

>>> I'd recommend you read up on the thread "AOOo, social networking
>>> sites, cyber-squatting, etc." from last October.  You've had 6 months
>>> to share these accounts with the PPMC.  You've had 6 months to
>>> "investigate" how to share these accounts with the PPMC.  It took me
>>> less than 24 hours to figure it out for the new accounts.   Again,
>>> those who share openly will see their ventures succeed.  Those who
>>> hoard will not.
>>

>> There has been lots of content being provided on the twitter account,
>> and 6 months ago there was a group service for multiples to manage the
>> account. G+ didnt provide such functionality when it came out. So
>> there was no mechanism to add new managers. Again, if you knew there
>> was a problem, you could easily fix it by sending a notification to
>> the account or propose a third party service that solves the issue.
>> Clonning the account doesn't really makes a solution.
>>

> Since that time, how many AOO project blog posts have you promoted on
> the Google+ page?  How many times have you mentioned progress in the
> AOO 3.4 release?  How many times did you mention that the RC was ready
> for testing?  Where did you mention that the support forums were now
> hosted by Apache?  Where did you do anything?

How many times you sent any content to the google plus page?

> These things should not require that I "send a notification" to you.
> This is brain-dead obvious.  A social networking site for the project
> should be talking about the progress of the project.  This should not
> require prodding from the PPMC for it to happen.  It should just
> happen naturally by anyone who is acting in the best interests of the
> PPMC.  Of course, if you are just hoarding then you will snap up these
> accounts and sit on them with zero activity in 6 months.

You are welcome to contribute naturally.

> In any case, the past is past.  I don't care what you've done before.
> It is clear that you've done nothing in 6 months with that account,
> whereas I've integrated the new account into the project, and I've
> done this in a transparent, inclusive manner.   I'll assume that this
> is not just a control issue for you and that you'll be happy to post a
> message in your unused and untouched Google+ page and direct those
> followers over to the new one.

Where you been those 6 months as well? You keep using the account
innactivity as my problem when is clearly a two way street. you didnt
provided or interact with the account as I have search for a post from
you on the account wall and found none, in 6 months.

> In return, and to demonstrate that this is not about control on my
> part,  I'm happy to listen to any proposal you might have regarding
> open PPMC access to the Twitter account.  And if you make your Twitter
> account just as openly available to PPMC members as I've done with the
> new one, then I'll be happy to notify followers of the new Twitter
> account that they should follow the one that you turn over to PPMC
> control.  Fair enough?  This is not about personal control. It is
> about putting social networking accounts that use ASF trademarks under
> ASF custody.

So you have a big grief for Google plus for not providing content, and
twitter has content and you also have a problem with it. I am sorry
but please make up your mind what is the problem you saw, and why you
never attempt to fix this by contributing to it?

 The documentation for the accounts have been open for years. The way
it was structured was open as well. These documentation hasnt gone
away you are free to research and follow up on it. Is not my
responsability to make people research it as they become PPMC. Like
you said, social networks should be natural.

I did address some issues that need to be fixed before moving them to
PPMC control, you have also skip those discussions without an answer.
These accounts will continue to work, with or without your permission.
I am not sure what make you think that you can say what is official or
not more than I do. Many people have shown their concern with
duplicating efforts as a bad idea and you have simply not address
that. You rather clone the accounts than work with them.

So far I am working with new tools like grouptweet to solve the
problem of interaction with  followers. You can also help looking for
that solution instead of promoting your own accounts you created
overnight, that is NOT a solution.

> -Rob
>

>>> -Rob

 Those