incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:48:53 GMT
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:

PPMC members.

>>> If it didn't happen on the list it didn't happen.  Please show me the
>>> thread where you  asked for PPMC members to volunteer for that
>>> account, and where they responded.
>>
>> Please show me the thread where PPMC members asked to help for those accounts.
>>

> I'd recommend you read up on the thread "AOOo, social networking
> sites, cyber-squatting, etc." from last October.  You've had 6 months
> to share these accounts with the PPMC.  You've had 6 months to
> "investigate" how to share these accounts with the PPMC.  It took me
> less than 24 hours to figure it out for the new accounts.   Again,
> those who share openly will see their ventures succeed.  Those who
> hoard will not.

There has been lots of content being provided on the twitter account,
and 6 months ago there was a group service for multiples to manage the
account. G+ didnt provide such functionality when it came out. So
there was no mechanism to add new managers. Again, if you knew there
was a problem, you could easily fix it by sending a notification to
the account or propose a third party service that solves the issue.
Clonning the account doesn't really makes a solution.

> -Rob
>

>>> -Rob

Facebook