incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Alexandro Colorado <...@oooes.org>
Subject Re: Pages in the social media
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 15:19:11 GMT
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 10:11 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@oooes.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>>> But the official ones are already set up.  We've already had this
>>> discussion.  The accounts are set up and they have already been shared
>>> with the PPMC .  We already have several PPMC co-authors on them.
>>> They are already linked to on the website.  Announcements have already
>>> gone out to ooo-announce.  They are already in the AOO 3.4
>>> announcement draft.  Content is going out on these channels, from the
>>> PPMC, on a daily basis.  This is all already done, in preparation for
>>> the AOO 3.4 launch.
>>
>> It would be good if you close those accounts and work with the ones
>> that were already working. Like I said before doesnt make sense to
>> duplicate efforts.
>>

> Like your Google+ page that has not had a post since last November?
> What is your excuse there?   Google+ has integrated multi-author
> support.  You don't need to spend months "investigating" alternative
> tooling.  It is already there.

You are free to investigate and post there as well. The info has been
public since 2 years ago on how to post. there is no need to actually
go through creating new accounts.

> To me it looks like you are merely hoarding.  You signed up for that
> account on the exact day that Google enabled business pages on
> Google+.  But then you did nothing with it but sit on it.  You've made
> zero effort to enable the PPMC to work with these accounts.   You
> started zero threads on how best to use the account.  You've made zero
> offers to share access with the PPMC.

When google plus started there was no way on ad-hoc users to it, now
the Google plus account have 7 managers that can post at any time.