incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Harbison <dpharbi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please help.
Date Tue, 17 Apr 2012 20:22:11 GMT
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Brian N <brian.n@nocturnitybooks.com>wrote:

> To anyone who can assit,
>
> I have just finished battling with HP support who then informed me that my
> problem wasn't theirs to support and that they only provided a plugin
> developed by open office to save my scan files as " name.odf" mind you
> these are scan images and from what my searching has found there is no way
> to  open these files ever again unless I had the Original disk which of
> course they no longer have or can provide. In searching and reading I
> believe this was some type of odif perhaps file. best guess I have is the
> files are some type of image.odf please any assistance for conversion or
> software to allow me to open and print or convert to say pdf or jpeg would
> be of great assistance .

Hi Brian, thank you for your interest in Apache OpenOffice, the new home
for OpenOffice and related technologies based on the Open Document Format
(ODF) standard. I recommend you take your use case to the English forum
here: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/ This is where the new
open source community at Apache OpenOffice is offering end user support via
a forum model. You may want to post directly with the Draw editor forum
within this, just follow the index.  If the plug-in was producing valid ODF
files, you should be able to open or import them into an active editing
session in OpenOffice.

I am sorry to have been forced to come here to bother you.

No bother! This is how we help each other learn.