incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft chapters of "Getting Started with AOO" need reviewers
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 20:59:11 GMT
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 02:48, Guy Waterval <waterval.guy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Jean, all
>
> First, many thanks  for your work.
>
> 2012/4/25 Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com>
>

>> [...]
>>
>>  Perhaps we'll end up with a set of "official" user docs (Apache license,
>> non-book format) and a set of "community" user docs (CC-BY license,
>> traditional book format).
>>

> Why not an "official" user docs with Apache license, non-book format and
> traditional book format?
> I don't understand very well.

Of course all of those can be done with Apache license, and it would
be a good thing for the project if that happens.

However, some people may prefer to work on a set of user guides based
on the existing ODFAuthors books. Those books will be unofficial and
third-party, because of the CC-BY license.

It all depends on who wants to do what, using what tools, and under
what license.

--Jean