incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [user guides] Use of AOO logo on cover of ODFAuthors user guide?
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2012 21:40:50 GMT
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 21:27, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> Main thing is to avoid having the user be confused about the source of
> the documentation.  It is from ODFAuthors, not AOO.  So when we host
> the files on the wiki, we should make sure it is clear to the user
> where to report errors,where they can go to volunteer, who they can
> thank, etc.

Regarding hosting the files on the wiki, I assume you mean on a page
linked from this one (which needs a major overhaul, probably by me, if
we're going to keep it):
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation  I have not
been paying close attention to this list, so I am not up to date about
what is planned for the wiki.

I was under the impression that new ODFAuthors books might not be
allowed on the wiki, but rather the wiki would have only a pointer to
somewhere else that they might be stored. The last time I paid
attention (some time ago), several suggestions (with precedents) had
been made. Has that been decided one way or the other?

I certainly agree about making it clear who has produced the docs,
where to report errors, etc.

--Jean