incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Help needs for Preface to Getting Started guide for AOO
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 06:38:12 GMT
In the Preface to the Getting Started guide for AOO are two sections
which need some input from people who know the answers. These are
Advantages of AOO and FAQs, both of which were lifted from the OOo
version of the book and may be out of date or incomplete. Please help!

I am most concerned about this paragraph, which contain numbers and
examples, some of which are (I am sure) wrong:

Extensive language support. Apache OpenOffice’s user interface is
available in over 40 languages, and the Apache OpenOffice project
provides spelling, hyphenation, and thesaurus dictionaries in over 70
languages and dialects. Apache OpenOffice also provides support for
both Complex Text Layout (CTL) and Right to Left (RTL) layout
languages (such as Urdu, Hebrew, and Arabic).

--Jean