incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: And idea for OOo
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 13:03:41 GMT
On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Cody Miller <codymiller1996@live.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a really great idea for the OpenOffice Community. Almost every
> Office Suite has its own storage house (cloud drive) nowadays, and I was
> thinking that OOo should have its own too. But I was also thinking that not
> only could you retrieve your documents, but even edit them while your in
> the storage as well. That way, you could take and edit your documents
> wherever you are. This would be a huge step for the OOo community, and it
> may increase our popularity if accomplished. And if the popularity
> increase, that will mean more developers where be really to help worldwide.
> Please take my idea into consideration.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cmiller

Hi Cody,

I like the idea of web-based open-office editing and of cloud storage for
openoffice.  Rob had a good point that there are hard costs involved with
web-based clouds of our own, but there is no reason that we cannot do a
feasibility study of the idea.  Knowing "the cost" is more powerful than
merely knowing there is "a cost." (IMHO)

Wolf