incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Danese Cooper <dan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Funny POSSCON anecdote
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 21:01:35 GMT
Important to realize that CEOs at McNealy's level mostly work at 10,000ft
(except for Steve Jobs, and those stories are legendary).  Sometime we can
swap stories about helping Scooter (what we used to call him) get messaging
"right" when talking to pretty much anybody with vested interest.  He is an
amazing guy, don't get me wrong.  He has the skill of convincingly
representing a given piece of work on very short notice with the right
briefing...but his depth of knowledge was always bounded by briefings
immediately beforehand.  Fundamentally he was an actor more than a
technologist.  Some of this was probably due to the sheer size of Sun, so
he may be "deep-diving" on WayIn now that his field of endeavor is more
narrow.

My $.02 from the front lines
Danese