incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian <...@amham.net>
Subject Looking to get involved
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 12:25:13 GMT
Hi People,

not sure if this is the correct place to raise my head, but I have been
lurking here for a week or so now with a view to getting involved. Like
everyone I am not sure how much time I really have.

My background is that of a software developer for some twenty plus years
(currently employed by the same institution as Rob, but on the other side
of the world, in Australia).
I'll skip the resume etc. I figure people are more interested in getting
things done.

I have been looking around at the get involved links. They are very
misleading and take you to places that look like they have not been updated
for many years.
like ,,, http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/index.xml which is
from the http://www.openoffice.org/development/ page. I'm sure I saw
cobwebs in the corners there.
(A review of the potential new developers interface may be needed?)

Anyway, I'm sure I will find my way around eventually. All guidance
gratefully accepted.

I don't understand what if anything someone needs to do to join the gang.
Are there any weird initiations, gotta get the new logo tatoo? :-)

I am particularly interested in developer testing frameworks (still trying
to figure out why).
And langauge parsers/compilers.

I am also a new Master's student (must have lost my mind somewhere) and
wondered if I could combine helping here and also using some of the
knowledge gained as part of my thesis.
Not sure what the rules are re IP etc.

Hope to hear back from someone. Email directly, Don't bother clogging up
this mail list.

Cheers,

Ian