incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: After AOO 3.4?
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:52:18 GMT
My IPMC vote will, as with Dave's, have nothing to do with integration with
other ASF projects. Collaboration up and downstream is very important, but
no more or less so for Apache projects. Neither does the project have to
demonstrate success in all areas of potential collaboration, only a
governance style sufficiently open to allow positive collaboration.

Ross

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.0+Feature+Planning

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1+Feature+Planning

> >> Beyond that, do we have anything to say?
> >
> > Well, we have to integrate some CWSs. I am interested in gnumake4
> > since it might help clean some issues in the BSD port. For the rest
> > I am not sure what is there or how stable it is so I would guess
> > we should tackle them slowly and leave most of them for "later".
> >
> > We also have to update some components. Anything with an Apache
> > tag on it, like Apache Commons or Apache Lucene comes first
> > because working with other Apache projects is key for our
> > graduation.
>
> The amount of "Apache" product consumed will have nothing to do with my
IPMC vote. Our community diversity, IP, and release are the main criteria.