incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ashok Hariharan <as...@parliaments.info>
Subject OpenOffice UNO API - RDF metadata support
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 15:15:56 GMT
I am trying to understand how to set hierarchical rdf metadata using
the UNO API --

>From this page --

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OfficeDev/RDF_metadata

I found a link to ODF examples document :

http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/34796/09-10-22-ODF-Metadata-Examples.odt

Its clear to me how to input simple subject / predicate / object
metadata for a ODF element ...

But the problem I have is why is the object in addStatement an XNode
.. .why isnt it a XURI ?

   void addStatement(
            [in] XResource Subject, [in] XURI Predicate, [in] XNode Object)

This seems to limit the kind of metadata i can put in using the UNO API ..

for e.g. i have been able to do this :

<rdf:Description rdf:about="../content.xml#id220335797">
    <ns5:Alpha>3</ns5:Alpha>
    <ns6:Beta>Value of Beta</ns6:Beta>
</rdf:Description>

But cant figure out for the life of me how to get something like this  ? :

<rdf:Description rdf:about="../content.xml#id220335797">
    <ns5:Notes>
          <ns5:note name="a_name">note val 1</note>
          <ns5:note name="b_name">note val 2</note>
    </ns5:Notes>
</rdf:Description>