incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Mirroring both OOo and AOOo Fwd: [Daniel Shahaf: Opt-out from mirroring resource-intensive projects]
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 15:56:02 GMT
On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Pedro Giffuni <pfg@apache.org> wrote:

> Hello;
>
> --- Ven 20/4/12, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org> ha scritto:
> > OOo PPMC:
> >
> > Several mirror operators have asked whether they are
> > expected to carry
> > both their preexisting/legacy OOo mirrors and the AOOo
> > mirror.
> >
> > We're assuming the legacy OOo mirrors can be dropped once an
> > AOOo
> > release is Out There.  If that's not the case, say so.
> >
> > Reminder: ASF's policy is that Apache mirrors may only carry
> > the latest
> > release from each minor line (1.5.x, 1.6.x, ...) which is
> > still
> > supported / developed by the community.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Apache Infrastructure
> >

> We are specifically warning people that the older OOo releases
> contain security and IP risks so it would be inconsistent to
> carry those in Apache mirrors.
>
> So, yes, those can be dropped.
>
> best regards,
>
> Pedro.
>
> ps. This doesn't relate to Regina's request to keep an archive of
> some older content.

I DEFINITELY feel an archive of older versions is important/mandatory --
though how far back I have no opinion on. It's great that these folks are
in contact! Yes, we do need to coordinate with some of them to make this a
reality -- i.e. keep older versions.

MzK

"Women and cats will do as they please,
Robert Heinlein