incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:26:04 GMT
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 7:41 AM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks
>
> Please review this task list and see if anything is missing.   It
> would be great to confirm that this list is complete and to have a
> volunteer's name listed against each one of these tasks.

Hi Rob --

I just took a very quick look and added some verbiage to item #4. We need
some test time after these changes are in place--maybe even a  day.

On item #3--

 "Make a copy of the the older MirrorBrain-enabled download/index.html and
download/other.html pages.  Put them in a download/330 directory.  Add a
disclaimer notice that these are not Apache releases, but legacy releases
under a different license."

I don't see the need for a download/330/index.html.

I think what you're getting at is a standalone page complete with the DL
button generation for 3.3 which I feel is  something we don't need for this
earlier version. I would think just putting out a download/330/other.html.

It would probably be a good idea for this old "other" to at least provide
links for release notes for it though.

and linking people to that would be sufficient.

> Note the additional complexity caused by having hard-coded download
> logic on the various NL pages.
>

> -Rob

MzK

 Helping you out."