incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:54:59 GMT
2012/4/30 Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com>:

> Ok, I am hoping this will be about the last, final review on the new
> download/index.html --
>
> prototype at:
>
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html
>
> This assumes SourceForge ONLY, and that the  3.4 pre-built client packs
> will be in the hiearchy as the 3.3 is -- stable, etc.
>
> Naturally NONE of the links will work until something gets out there and
> there is a TON of alerts which I will of course eventually comment out.
>

> It suddenly dawned on me *just today* that we don't want to continue to
> generate links for OSes we no longer support now, like Sun's retinue, and
> for some reason because of how this all operates, it took me forever to fix
> this one aspect.  I could have not bothered with this but well, I didn't
> want to lead folks astray with a "not found" -- so they will now get sent
> to "other.html".
>
> So, please test with what you've got and I hope for ALL platforms that we
> do support, you get a link that looks to be correct.
>
> ps. I'm assuming that we will house the actual "source" artifact from
> Apache and this will show up in other.html as well when someone provides
> this information.

Going to that page, I enter on a loop of pop-ups: the first one says
"schema:aoo_incubating", the second one "Platform:linux 64-bit" and
then this message:

myURLlink :<a href="http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/es/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_es.tar.gz/download"
title = "http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/localized/es/3.4.0/Apache_OpenOffice_incubating_3.4.0_Linux_x86-64_install-rpm_es.tar.gz/download
" >

Then everything starts again with some variants (a message saying
"hasMirroLink:true") and after another loop I finally land on the
download page. This happens with firefox 12 and konqueror 4.8.2.

Regards
Ricardo