incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject [EXTENSIONS]Alternative for Report Builder?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 18:01:14 GMT
One of the volunteers on the ES forum expressed concern about the
Oracle Report Builder (ORB) extension not working on AOO builds: it
seems that the extension installs, but reports previously created with
it do not run.

Looking at the mailing list archive, I understand that because of the
IP clearance some libraries used by ORB are not available any more. I
found references that it should be possible to build the extension
again or to replace it, but it seems that those comments did not have
a follow up.

Databases are not part of my field of knowledge so I cannot say I
fully understand the problem, but this volunteer says the extension is
really useful for him and for many others and that the lack of it is a
"show stopper" considering the need, on an eventual migration to AOO
3.4, to redesign the documents previously generated using that
extension.

So that's the question: is there any alternative to ORB, or plans to
replace it with something compatible?

Regards

Ricardo