incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Ditching our mirror system for an inferior solution? (was: Re: About Testing the SourceForce Mirror of AOO 3.4)
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 10:31:10 GMT
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
> Peter Poeml:
>> anyone, including ASF infra, is free to use MirrorBrain. My
>> recommendation is that ASF infra upgrades from closer.cgi to MirrorBrain,
>> because then they can integrate the existing OOo/AOo mirrors into Apache
>> mirroring easily.
>
> I would also like that we take advantage of MirrorBrain besides
> SourceForge, in the way Roberto suggests in another discussion (redirect
> update requests to MirrorBrain) or some other agreement.

By splitting those two very different download streams, in case of
issues would be easy to figure out where the problem is.

Roberto

> MirrorBrain is a working and well-tested community service and it would be
> great if Apache used it to serve its share of OpenOffice downloads
> (obviously, after Peter and Infra coordinate on how to host and maintain
> MirrorBrain as part of the Apache infrastructure) on the long term (so,
> not only for version 3.4).
>
> Having two systems, SourceForge and MirrorBrain, would provide extremely
> good reliability and scalability for the OpenOffice downloads. I don't
> know performance of the existing Apache mirror network, but the
> performance and reliability offered by MirrorBrain so far surely deserve
> attention.
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential
and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.
Thank you.