incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
Subject Re: [ooo-site]
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 19:23:18 GMT
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I tried this page: http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html and you are correct,
SourceForge is serving up the wrong file. It is serving up 3.3 for x86 instead of 3.2.1 for
PPC.

> I don't know why, but here is the page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.2.1/.

Actually I can't reproduce this error, I got the right file. Can you
please confirm that this issue is still open?

Thanks,

Roberto

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> On Apr 21, 2012, at 12:13 AM, Mark McCormack wrote:
>
>> On this page:
>>
>>  http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html
>>
>> I click the link for English (US) / Mac OS PPC DMG
>>
>>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/stable/3.2.1/OOo_3.2.1_MacOS_PPC_install_en-US.dmg
>>
>> which instead switches to this page
>>
>>  http://sourceforge.net/projects/openofficeorg.mirror/files/latest/download?_test=sidebar
>>
>> which forces a download for the Intel version
>>
>>   OOo_3.3.0_MacOS_x86_install_en-US.dmg
>>
>> which of course does not function on a PPC Mac.  Its impossible to download the
PPC DMG.

>> Mark in Seattle
====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential
and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.
Thank you.