incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Roberto Galoppini <rgalopp...@geek.net>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice Project Twitter Account
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 13:36:56 GMT
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Alexandro Colorado <jza@apache.org> wrote:

> On 4/17/12, drew <drew@baseanswers.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-04-17 at 11:15 -0500, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> >> My point is that we are going to be bombarded with support questions,
> >> regardless if we choose not to, is not up to us.
> >>
> >> Sure you can redirect them to the ML/Forums, but that would be done
> >> 99% of the time, which will frustrate the user and the handlers.
> >>
> >> That's the point I wanted to make based on the experience of handling
> >> these accounts in the past.
> >>
> >> Like I said, I am more concern with solving the issue of operation
> >> first than figuring out which new accounts to create and why/why not.
> >
> > Well, I am not advocating removal of any existing accounts.
>
> I am sure you didn't. That is not what I said.

Hi Alexandro and all,

Will @openofficeorg be under the Apache OpenOffice control? If this is the
case, I wonder if it wouldn't be better to use that one instead of the new
ones. In case I'd recommend to upload the new logo, as well as to update
the short description.

> > What I am advocating is the creation of a set un-ambiguous official
> > Apache OpenOffice project accounts.
>
> what will happened when the unambigous official account get support
> inquiries everyday?

I had a look at the flow of questions and answers, it seems manageable to
me.

> > I believe that there is work needing to be done to establish the Apache
> > OpenOffice identity.
> >
> > It seems to me that this is an appropriate step to further that goal.

Here my list of recommendations:

1. Rebranding existing accounts (see above)
2. Spend some time to choose (few) people to follow (maybe using keywords
like office suites, odf, open standards, etc).
    As of today only Alexandro and Rob are followed by @openofficeorg,
think we should spend some time to choose people to follow, so that it
could be easier to engage in conversations using tools like googlefinder,
Listorious, etc.
3. Start simple. So announcements, news from our blog, new committers, etc.
4. Be consistent. Two message a day could be a good starting point, maybe
once a day over the week-ends.
5. Don't follow back just for the sake of it, it's wise to follow only
people we might want to engage with.
6. Start conversations with people we know, related projects, etc.
7. Establish a clear policy about language style, but especially for how to
handle "crises"
8. Use a tool to measure our improvements, both Klout and PeerIndex may be
useful in this respect.

Roberto

> Sure I agree, but my point is really about how to do it based on
> previous issues.
>

> > //drew

> multiple

> strategy

> that

> robweir@apache.org>

Google+,
> etc.,
> our
to engage with them

release, I'd like

similar to how we

in conjunction
> with

project's website.

as an official
> voice

and approve every
set expectations
fashion, upholding
settle personal

> so

This account has
status, no links
it?  Are
Can we rebrand it as

It seems like
> if

account seems

ApacheOO, and
> you
> Name.

> account

> that

> other

> account(s)
> Apache
> good

> identi.ca

> represents

> other

> focused

> --
> Alexandro Colorado
> OpenOffice.org EspaƱol
> http://es.openoffice.org

====
This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain confidential
and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender
by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your system.
Thank you.