incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] Translating branding and navigation
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 19:04:09 GMT
Hi Zoltan,

HU is now enabled for translated branding and topnav.

Regards,
Dave

On Apr 12, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Reizinger Zoltán wrote:

> Hi,
> Please make hu next.
> Thanks,
> Zoltan
>
> 2012.04.11 17:47 időpontban Dave Fisher ezt írta:
>> Hi -
>>
>> es, de, nl, fi, pt-br, ru, and ja are now setup for committers to
>> make translations to brand.mdtext and topnav.mdtext.
>>
>> I still have the question about Chinese / zh split regarding
>> traditional / simplified (Taiwan / Mainland)
>>
>> Next languages? cs, hu? Please respond for the next NL set.
>>
>> brand.mdtext
>> ===========
>> home:           home
>> search:         search
>> name:           Apache OpenOffice (incubating)
>> tagline:        (incubating) | The Free and Open Productivity Suite
>> logo:           AOO_logos/OOo_Website_v2_copy.png
>> domain:         www.openoffice.org
>> divid:          bannera
>>
>> topnav.mdtext
>> ============
>> divid:  topnava
>>
>> - [Product][m0]
>> - [Download][m1]
>> - [Support][m2]
>> - [Extend][m3]
>> - [Develop][m4]
>> - [Focus Areas][m5]
>> - [Native Language][m6]
>>

>> [m0]:     /product/index.html
>> "Apache OpenOffice product description"
>> [m1]:     /download/index.html
>> "Download OpenOffice.org"
>> [m2]:     /support/index.html
>> "Find Support for OpenOffice.org"
>> [m3]:     /extensions/index.html
>> "Extensions and Templates for OpenOffice"
>> [m4]:     http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/get-involved.html
>> "Get involved in Apache OpenOffice (incubating)"
>> [m5]:     /projects/accepted.html
>> "Apache OpenOffice development focus areas"
>> [m6]:     /projects/native-lang.html
>> "Apache OpenOffice in your Native Language"
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave
>>
>> On Apr 7, 2012, at 1:55 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andrea,

>>> I think that there was a hiccup with the CMS. Joe asked that you trigger your
build again.

>>> I went ahead and added the files for French. I also made a change to a comment
in ooo-site/trunk/lib/view.pm. This is a trick that will cause the staging build to do a full
build causing all of the IT and FR sites to be changed to the new SSI.

>>> The trick with lib/view.pm may be required.

not familiar with SVN could simply submit the translated version of their mdtext files.

>>> Yes, but I want to wait until we do a couple and make sure all the proper details
are covered.

>>> We may be adding a news.mdtext and index.mdtext for the main index page, but
that will be a separate thread of work.

>>> And it is not a reason to wait. I'll look into doing it for many NLs this week.
>>>
>>> Here is a list of the next NLs to setup:
>>>
>>> es, de, nl, fi, pt-br, ru, ja
>>>
>>> This scheme only goes a single directory level deep. Is a single translation
viable for both zh_cn and zh_tw? If not then the two sites will need to be separated. I want
to be careful how that is done.