incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] new logo in staging only...I think we need a graphic modification
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 23:14:58 GMT

On Apr 3, 2012, at 3:59 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 04/03/2012 03:46 PM, drew jensen wrote:
>> Maybe one of should drop Michael Acevedo a note, see if he already has a
>> source file handy - xcf, svg.
>>
>> If not - I don't know of a svg (or any vector based) file for the bug
>> part of the image - I know how to recreate one properly from the 256px
>> png image and would be more then willing to do that, and recreate a
>> likeness of the orb logo design all vector based and a jpg from that.
>>
>> I could likely have that here pretty quickly - it would be polite though
>> to email Michael first however, I suppose.
>>
>> so - added him on CC to the mail here
>>
>> Howdy Michael,
>>
>> Good instincts on your proposal.. wondering if you have any source type
>> fies for the jpg file posted t the wiki?
>>

>> //drew
>
> OK, maybe I was a bit confusing, and I hope this elaboration helps.
>
> What I think would be ideal is for someone to take the "cropped" image I did that is
in svn at--

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/ooo-site/trunk/content/images/AOO_logos/AOO_orb1_cropped.jpg
>
> this is now 217 x 79
>
> re-size it "up" to 275 x 100
>
> with clear lettering instead of the blurring that happens
>
> I have just about NO talent with graphics editing at all.
>
> So thanks for any help with this.

We'll need the original vectors. I think the correct size will have the Orb be about 70px
tall and centered vertically with 15px above, below and left of it.

If the size is exactly 100 you probably don't need to do anything, but you might want to edit
css/ooo.css

#ooo-logo {
	height: 100px;
	padding-top: 4px;
	padding-left: 8px;
}

You may want to remove the height setting.

To adjust the text banner here is the css in css/ooo.css:

#bannercenter {
	padding: 31pt 2pt 14pt 2pt;
	float: center;
	color: #107EC0;
}

Play with the padding until pleased. I like to do this in Google Chrome.

Regards,
Dave