incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] Tutorial to put online
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 19:04:06 GMT
Hi -

On Apr 5, 2012, at 11:40 AM, FR web forum wrote:

>> What type of file are you wanting to upload and where do
>> you want to put it in the tree?
> PDF, ODF and perhaps ZIP files.
> Put in Documentation directory with other tutorials.

(A) You should be able to add these files to the svn using your client program.

or

(B) Personally I work from the command line with a checked out copy of the web trunk. In that
mode -
- copy the files to the directory.
- svn add the files.
- svn commit the changes.

Would you like help with either of these?

>> Mine regards the way you are using index.xhtml to bypass index.html
>> to translate the navigation. You are working against the site design.
> Sorry, I don't want it.
> I use BlueGriffon editor and xhtml is its default extension.
> I will fix it ASAP.

Are you editing directly from the page on the website? If so, I can see the trouble, and more
coming. This may not be a viable way to edit. Let me explain.

The html source in the ooo-site repository is html from the legacy project. It is content
without the Apache project's banner and navigation. To properly edit the site you must either:

(1) Use the Apache CMS Bookmarklet.

or

(2) Checkout a local copy of the ooo-site svn and work locally.

Sorry if this is different from your preferred method. I will think about how we can accommodate
use of editors like BlueGriffon with the Apache CMS.

>> Here is what you would do to effect all of the FR site at once for
>> translated branding and navigation buttons:
> Very much thanks for your detailled explanations.
> I'll follow it for make conform our webpages to your standards.

Thanks. I am happy. I have been waiting for someone to use it.

Regards,
Dave