incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <>
Subject Re: issue 116680
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2012 18:59:08 GMT

Le 2 avr. 12 à 20:03, Simon Brouwer a écrit :

> Hi all,

Hi Simon,

> Is there anyone responsible for handling this issue: https://
> ?

I'm sorry, I can no longer connect to Bugzilla (my login password no
longer works, and I don't know why).

So I need someone else to do it ... (see below)

> Its status is "accepted" but so far nothing seems to be done about
> it. The upgrade to the newest version of Hunspell should be
> relatively easy to do. It adds numerous features that are already
> supported by the latest Dutch spell checking dictionaries from the
> OpenTaal project. AFAIK LibreOffice already uses the newest Hunspell.

The one I propose is 1.3.1, but the idea is the same for the 1.3.1 ->
1.3.2 switch.

> In my opinion it would be a lost opportunity if AOO 3.4 were
> released without this update.

I replaced myself hunspell 1.2.8 or something with 1.3.1 in OOo4Kids
and OOolight, including a hard to solve issue on Windows (link fails
if not static IIRC). The code is mine, and I fixed everything myself
(1.2.8 was very old). So I'm ok to backport the changes under Apache
v2 license if people are interested (if I'm not wrong, I already
proposed some times ago .. ).

Unfortunaly, my hard disk is close to be full, and I can't do it
myself at the moment. Can someone take the task over please ?

Everything is there :
This patch allows to switch from 1.2.8 to 1.3.1 : http://

What is missing:  the md5 hash of the hunspell-1.3.1.tar.gz archive
to be added + maybe some little part Apache OpenOffice specific.

At buildtime the patches below will be mandatory :

The in solenv contains the new version number => mandatory
The changes to make it build on most of the OS : http://
The OpenBSD part (PATH issue) :

Hope this helps,

P.S. : you can extract the diff using the following magic formula (in
a terminal ) :  for i in 1209 1210 1211 1218 1219 1243 1245 1246 ; do
svn diff -r$(( i - 1 )):$(( i )) svn://
ooo4kids1/trunk >> hunspell_1.3.1.diff ; done

Projet OOo4Kids :
L'association EducOOo :
Blog :

View raw message