incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 3.4 (incubating) RC1
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 14:09:47 GMT
On Monday, 23. April 2012 at 21:54, Joost Andrae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the installation wipes-out OOo 3.3 although I installed it into a
> different directory. I had to deactivate Norton Sonar for the setup.exe
> file because it quarantained setup.exe due to excecution of a second
> thread within the binary (probably the vcredist file). This will most
> probably happen to most of the Windows users who use an anti virus
> solution. Maybe this will not happen if the binary is signed (rant...).

probably and will hopefully change in the near future.

> Setup wants to install into <program dir>\OpenOffice.org 3\ directory.
> In my opinion the directory should be <program dir>\Apache OpenOffice 3\
> because it's name changed in the meantime.

No not at this time, it was discussed several times on the list before. We decided to move
this change to the next release. We own both names and we simply continue the OOo story ...
For the next version  we will do a full renaming and then people will know that AOO is the
continuation of OOo.

> The download page should at least mention that this installation set
> will replace a former installation of OpenOffice.org 3.

What do you think people will expect when they download the software from downloads.openoffice.org?
When you know the answer you will have probably the answer to your suggestion ;-)

Juergen