incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION]: Current status
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 04:24:18 GMT
On Monday, 2. April 2012 at 23:59, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> Hi Jürgen,
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 05:55:14PM +0200, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> > Ariel, you can find a new sdf file here
> > http://people.apache.org/~jsc/sdf/new_es.sdf
> >
> > I haven't tested it so far but keep me informed when you start a
> > build using it. But the last time I tired it with pt-BR and de it
> > worked.
> >

> Please note that I've found some build breakers, and I committed the
> changes directly on the localize.sdf file (yes, I read the warning 'DO
> NOT EDIT', but as it was a build breaker committing the changes directly
> was the fastest solution).
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1308020
>
> Build breakers where due to errors in the XML mark up syntax in help
> files.

I will check it...

> Another question related to the ES translation: now that the translation
> is 100% complete (both UI and Help), how should be applied the
> modifications made by QA? Can changes be made on the Pootle server, or
> better off-line and submit the changes in a issue? If the later, what
> should be the format, single modified po files or an sdf file?

I would say the changes should be made on the pootle server. To have for now one source with
the latest translations. But documenting the changes in an issue is necessary as well that
we can track it and know that we have to update.

I will always update the language completely from pootle. I will to do it somewhat automated

As I mentioned earlier long term goal is to have a continuous integration process once a week
or so.

We will find out what will work best.

Juergen