incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Juergen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: After AOO 3.4?
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 04:55:54 GMT
On Sunday, 29. April 2012 at 21:10, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> --- Sab 28/4/12, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> ha scritto:

> > > All in all, I think we should focus on stability and
> > > not on features.
> > >

> What I am meaning here is that our users should not expect
> false promises like adding an "import Visio documents
> feature" that simply doesn't work. Of course features
> from Symphony are considered already pretty stable.
>
> > So these (to me) sound more like items for a 3.5 than a
> > 3.4.1.
> >

> I think it all depends on how fast we plan to release 4.0.
> It looks likely that merging Symophony may be easy for the
> IBM guys, since symphony already updated theit base OOo,
> so a release may be fast and the 3.x branch may be short
> lived. (I don't know for sure though).
>
> I think a 3.x branch does make sense in any case but the
> rule should be clear: no direct commits to the stable
> branch: in general all changes go first to the trunk
> and are later merged.

I don't think so, I would do it exactly in the other direction. Fixes for critical issues
or issues that are assigned for a 3.4.1 should be fixed on the related stable branch and also
merged into trunk.

But we can discuss if we want code reviews for fixes going into the stable branch before they
are committed.

Juergen