incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Building Guide AOO
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2012 06:43:00 GMT
Hi Ian,

Le 7 avr. 12 à 07:31, Ian a écrit :

> Hi Andre,
>
> a couple of other things that I think need to be documented.
>
> Where is the product of the build.... I found it in the end in an
> installer in main/instsetoo_native/unxlngx6.pro/URE/rpm/install/en-
> US_download
> and the rpm in /main/instsetoo_native/unxlngx6.pro/URE/rpm/install/
> en-US/RPMS

I didn't build Apache OpenOffice on Linux since a while, but I'm nost
sure everything is separated this way. Anyone to confirm ?

> What I am not sure about is how to install this in parallel to my
> current 3.3 install. Although do have http://
> wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Run_OOo_versions_parallel
> Will work my way through that.
>
> And is there a way to simply run apps without going through the
> packaging stage etc? Some scripting to set up to run from the build
> area?

If I understand your question, this is indeed possible, using
"installed" as package format. The result will be a pre-installed
archive, who can launch OpenOffice directly from the command line

To achieve that, verify you have the following options existing in
your configure command line :

--with-package-format="deb rpm installed"  in the configure command
line.

HTH

Eric

--