incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [WWW] two questions about DL button on home page...
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:43:43 GMT

On Apr 26, 2012, at 8:25 AM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 04/26/2012 07:02 AM, Rob Weir wrote:

OpenOffice", I

week, for example. I had
changes that I
that. I think my

let the list know what
green button or being

button, or even if you

this design first
DL code -- Rob's proposal
if we could just dump
the buttons are the
and

needed. Additionally,
allow us to standardize
the code used on
the NL pages.

unneeded GA code")
download button.

I,
JS

>>> yes, I'm good with that as well...bad bad bad bad net connection day for me!
>>> :( so no work so far anyway...
>>>

>> The earth has turned, and no objections.   So let's do it!
>
> okie dokie!
>

>> Did you want to check in the change, or did you want me to?
>>
>> I think we can strip out all of the download logic from the home page,
>> which should make it load faster as well.
>
> well I was thinking about doing it later today when I get back to work on my test DL
page (almost done with that -- will post something for folks to ponder on later today!) but
feel free to make this change earlier if you feel like it.

> I'm really very happy we came to this conclusion.

This gives us a chance to reconsider the home page design around the current project. Many
of the big buttons duplicate the top nav...

We could show twitter and other activity ...

This should be another thread.

Regards,
Dave