incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 22:27:32 GMT
Am 04/30/2012 11:21 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:

> On 04/30/2012 11:37 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:

>>> Ok, I am hoping this will be about the last, final review on the new
>>> download/index.html --
>>>
>>> prototype at:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html
>>>
>>> This assumes SourceForge ONLY, and that the  3.4 pre-built client packs
>>> will be in the hiearchy as the 3.3 is -- stable, etc.
>>>
>>> Naturally NONE of the links will work until something gets out there and
>>> there is a TON of alerts which I will of course eventually comment out.
>>
>> I've tested the following:
>>
>> 1.
>> Linux with Firefox -->  Linux x86-64 RPM de -->  the text in the pop-ups
>> makes sense -->  OK
>>
>> 2.
>> Windows XP with MSIE -->  error -->  the detailed error message says:
>>
>> Line:  104
>> Char:  1
>> Error: Identifier, string or number expected
>> Code:  0
>>
>> Line:  286
>> Char:  2
>> Error: 'languages' is not defined
>> Code:  0
>>
>> -->  finally only a blue box for the extensions
>>

> hmmm...well I shouldn't have changed anything that caused this, but
> definitely NOT good. OK, thanks. What are you showing for your
> "language" -- i.e. according to your UA string?

Good that you've asked. I remember that we have this webpage:

http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html

So, I've updated it a bit and nowI get the following browser data:

window.location.href 	http://ooo-site.apache.org/download/test/analyze.html
navigator.platform 	Linux x86_64
navigator.platform.toLowerCase() 	linux x86_64
navigator.userAgent 	Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0.1)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase()	mozilla/5.0 (x11; linux x86_64;
rv:2.0.1) gecko/20100101 firefox/4.0.1
navigator.language 	de-DE
navigator.userLanguage 	undefined
navigator.systemLanguage	undefined
navigator.javaEnabled()	Yes

window.location.href  http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/analyze.html
navigator.platform  Win32
navigator.platform.toLowerCase()  win32
navigator.userAgent  Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;
SV1)
navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase() mozilla/4.0 (compatible; msie 6.0;
windows nt 5.1; sv1)
navigator.language  undefined
navigator.userLanguage  de
navigator.systemLanguage de
navigator.javaEnabled() Yes

It seems that on Linux the "navigator.language" is set. On Windows this
is not set but the "navigator.userLanguage" and
"navigator.systemLanguage". All 3 are handled in "download.js" (or in
your new "download_new_dl.js").

Maybe it's helpful to output some debug messages around this area?

@All:
Can others please test on Windows with MSIE and Firefox? I really hope
it's just my Windows XP (in a Virtualbox VM).

Marcus