incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: proposed directory structure on dist
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:16:43 GMT

On 04/30/2012 12:47 PM, Roberto Galoppini wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Marcus (OOo) <> wrote:
>> Am 04/30/2012 07:00 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>>> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kay Schenk<> �wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> Whatever we do, let's try to get a directory schem that works now and
>>> for AOO 3.4.1 and AOO 3.5 and for AOO 4.0, etc.. �This is not
>>> something where it will be easier to clean up later.
>> Honestly spoken, I don't know if this will work.
>> Of course it could be easy and fast to think about a directory structure
>> that will work also for a AOO 5.0 release.
>> However, I doubt that we will have the time to make the DL logic work this
>> way, too.
>> As I've no idea how close we are from the first public download of AOO 3.4 I
>> wouldn't do bigger changes now.
>>> Thinking ahead, what do we do when we have a new release, like a
>>> 3.4.1? �And what can we do now to make that future less painful?
>> The DL logic for 3.4.1 can be the same as for 3.4.0. There shouldn't be big
>> changes. For further releases see above.
>> Juergen is already OK to setup the structure like it was in the old project,
>> so that the need changes to the DL logic is minimal.
> It seems the easiest way to go to me too.
> Roberto

OK, I need some clarification here -- again.

I am to understand by the above statements by Marcus and Roberto that
the directory structure for 3.4 will be the same as it is for 3.3, but....

we will have a *different* structure on Also, OK,
we just need some awareness.

So -- can someone tell me what's what here.

I CAN change the friendly scripts to go with the NEW (Apache) structure.
In fact I'm going to work on THAT approach today (along with Rob's
changes) and hopefully we'll be set for either instance.

>> To setup a new structure that makes maybe more sense can be done later for a
>> release after 3.4.x.
>> my 2 ct
>> Marcus
> ====
> This e- mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above. It may contain
confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s)
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify
the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the message and any attachment(s) from your
system. Thank you.

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

View raw message