incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: proposed directory structure on dist
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 21:10:37 GMT

On 04/30/2012 11:13 AM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 04/30/2012 07:21 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
>> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Rob Weir<>  wrote:
>>> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kay Schenk<>
>>> wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> they
>>> Whatever we do, let's try to get a directory schem that works now and
>>> for AOO 3.4.1 and AOO 3.5 and for AOO 4.0, etc..  This is not
>>> something where it will be easier to clean up later.
>>> Thinking ahead, what do we do when we have a new release, like a
>>> 3.4.1?  And what can we do now to make that future less painful?
>>> -Rob
>> Well, for me anyway (I can't address the machinations of setting this up
>> for actual upload), right now it's a matter of getting what we need to do
>> to work in the next day, hopefully. I have other commitments later in the
>> week, and well, I would like to get to a conclusion on this.
>> This will also effect the links in the new "other.html" as well.
>> (I think given all this I need to split "other.html" from the new
>> download/index.html and let someone else work on "other". I'm kind of
>> getting into a time crunch.)
> I can take this over. Once the download links are working in general,
> it's just a big work of "search & replace", and to delete the languages
> we do not support yet, and the same for the platforms, and ... ;-)
> Marcus

I will go ahead and finish with this piece, so no need. I know it's not
all that big a deal...I just a bit too frustrated.

But...I am going to separate (the new) other.html from the
download/index.html business and maybe you could deal with that.

Yeah--there's only a few of us that have messed with this stuff before,
so somewhat mind-boggling.

>> This being said, maybe the version-centric approach Jurgen has suggested
>> from his most recent post and Marcus suggested (I think) makes sense...
>> Again, since all the scripting will be directed to SF, I just need to
>> know
>> what we're doing. The change to make this happen is not horrendous,
>> but....things need to be tracked down in several places.

 Helping you out."
                            -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette

View raw message