incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: proposed directory structure on dist
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:47:55 GMT
Am 04/30/2012 07:00 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>> Right now I have the DL friendly script setup to only use SF...which is
>> setup in the "old" way. I don't think we'll be usign Apache for pre-build
>> client downloads.
>>
>> So, I have a question -- who will be setting up the SF packs and will they
>> just stick with the current structure on that system for DLs --
>>
>> i.e.
>>
>> <root>/files/stable/<version>/
>> <pack name>
>>
>> and

>> I'm hoping the answer is "YES".
>>

> Whatever we do, let's try to get a directory schem that works now and
> for AOO 3.4.1 and AOO 3.5 and for AOO 4.0, etc..  This is not
> something where it will be easier to clean up later.

Honestly spoken, I don't know if this will work.

Of course it could be easy and fast to think about a directory structure
that will work also for a AOO 5.0 release.

However, I doubt that we will have the time to make the DL logic work
this way, too.

As I've no idea how close we are from the first public download of AOO
3.4 I wouldn't do bigger changes now.

> Thinking ahead, what do we do when we have a new release, like a
> 3.4.1?  And what can we do now to make that future less painful?

The DL logic for 3.4.1 can be the same as for 3.4.0. There shouldn't be
big changes. For further releases see above.

Juergen is already OK to setup the structure like it was in the old
project, so that the need changes to the DL logic is minimal.

To setup a new structure that makes maybe more sense can be done later
for a release after 3.4.x.

my 2 ct

Marcus