incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: [RELEASE] new DL test...needs review and comments, and probably correction
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:13:37 GMT
Am 04/30/2012 06:08 PM, schrieb Kay Schenk:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 5:53 AM, Rob Weir<robweir@apache.org>  wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Kay Schenk<kay.schenk@gmail.com>  wrote:

>> http://www.openoffice.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html>
>> wanted

>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.incubator.ooo.devel/16219>
>> function)

>> understood
>> only
>> release

>> http://www.openoffice.org/security/cves/CVE-2012-0037.html>

>> http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/ooo/>

>> thought we
>> someplace

>> one
>> with

>> that
>> had

>>> Ok, I am hoping this will be about the last, final review on the new
>>> download/index.html --
>>>
>>> prototype at:
>>>
>>> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/test/index_new_dl.html
>>>
>>> This assumes SourceForge ONLY, and that the  3.4 pre-built client packs
>>> will be in the hiearchy as the 3.3 is -- stable, etc.
>>>
>>> Naturally NONE of the links will work until something gets out there and
>>> there is a TON of alerts which I will of course eventually comment out.
>>>

>>> It suddenly dawned on me *just today* that we don't want to continue to
>>> generate links for OSes we no longer support now, like Sun's retinue, and
>>> for some reason because of how this all operates, it took me forever to
>> fix
>>> this one aspect.  I could have not bothered with this but well, I didn't
>>> want to lead folks astray with a "not found" -- so they will now get sent
>>> to "other.html".
>>>
>>> So, please test with what you've got and I hope for ALL platforms that we
>>> do support, you get a link that looks to be correct.
>>>

>> The link looks good for me, including the trailing "/download" that
>> SourceForge needs.
>>
>> A few things:
>>
>> 1) Text should be 'Apache OpenOffice' not 'OpenOffice.org'
>>

> Ok-- I did miss this...
>

>> 2) Google Analytics needs to enable on the page.
>>

> OK, I'll add this...
>

>> 3) We need to get a link to the source code in there someplace.
>>

> again, OK, I'll add to the "options" box below the main light green BIG DL
> area

We have a separate link to the source, please see the "Additional
Information" area.

Yes, it's obvious that this page needs a rework, too. ;-)

The real download can be done on the "other.html" webpage. This is
already linked in the little green box below the big one.

>> 4) The original page had a link for extensions and templates.  The new
>> one only has extensions.  Was this intentional?
>
> Hmmm...OK,  maybe I started out with an older copy and templates got added
> later. I will add this section.

I've added another blue box on the main "index.html" yesterday. Sorry,
if this was confusing. But I thought there is enough free space for it
and have simple added it.

>> Otherwise, it looks good!
>>
>> I can help with some of these, especially #2, but I'll wait to see if
>> there are any bigger changes first.
>>

> ok, good...
>
> I will make these mods today and post another revision -- maybe even
> without the "alerts" if I'm feeling more confident! :/
>

>> -Rob
>>

>>> ps. I'm assuming that we will house the actual "source" artifact from
>>> Apache and this will show up in other.html as well when someone provides
>>> this information.

Yes

Marcus