incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Distributing AOO 3.4: The 22 things we need to do before we announce
Date Sun, 29 Apr 2012 19:23:49 GMT
Hi Marcus,

Marcus (OOo) schrieb:
> Am 04/27/2012 09:29 PM, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
>> Am 04/27/2012 04:41 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Distribution+Tasks
>>>

>>> Please review this task list and see if anything is missing. It
>>> would be great to confirm that this list is complete and to have a
>>> volunteer's name listed against each one of these tasks.
>>>
>>> Note the additional complexity caused by having hard-coded download
>>> logic on the various NL pages.
>>
>> I'll try to setup the separation for the OOo 3.3.0 download links.

Good idea to start.

> The draft setup is finished. Please have a look here:
> http://ooo-site.staging.apache.org/download/legacy/index.html

The interaction of the orange and green part is confusing. There is text
"green button" but there is no green "button".

The orange text itself is a hyperlink, but what target?

The user might come to that page via search, but do not want the
"legacy" but an actual version. I miss a hint, where to go.

Please compare with http://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html,
from where I took the sentence in my suggestion.

I suggest to use the orange part as information box.

Legacy OpenOffice.org

If you are searching for the most recent installation set, please visit
the <link>Apache OpenOffice download</link> webpage. Please note that
archived builds are unsupported and may contain security issues. So,
it's highly recommended not to use them but only when there is no other
and better choice.
OpenOffice.org is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License
v3 (LGPL v3)

Download OpenOffice.org 3.3.0

Kind regards
Regina