incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [TRANSLATION]: Request for translation and effort estimations
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:53:34 GMT
On 23/04/2012 Stuart Swales wrote:
> en-GB please!
> Several city and town councils and a major newspaper are using
> OpenOffice en-GB in the UK.
> I was lead for this prior to the move to Apache. Please could I have
> Pootle access once again?

Hi Stuart,
you don't need Pootle access to contribute, meaning that you can just go
to https://translate.apache.org/ and submit suggestions as anonymous.
When done, just report here and any committer (fortunately, we have
plenty of committers who understand British English here) will be able
to approve your translations.

en-GB won't be part of OpenOffice 3.4, but from recent discussions on
this list it is likely that we will soon be doing another micro release
(3.4.1 or similar) adding more languages.

Hopefully you will become a committer too, and thus be able to manage
and approve translations yourself. The first step is to submit your
signed ICLA http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas and keep contributing.

Regards,
   Andrea.