incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <kay.sch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RELEASE]: proposed directory structure on dist
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 20:09:11 GMT

On 04/27/2012 12:47 PM, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
> Am 04/27/2012 09:34 PM, schrieb Dave Fisher:

>>> It won't work because the DL logic is working the old way, and only
>>> this way. ;-)
>>>
>>> The old structure has everything in a single directory. The only
>>> separation is for en-US only (stable) and all other languages
>>> (localized).
>>>
>>> When we change the structure now where the builds are physicaly
>>> existing, then we have to adapt the complete logic, too, which is an
>>> effort that I cannot predict.
>>>
>>> So, the best solution is to keep the old separation and think about
>>> to change this with a new release.
>>>
>>> Then I would prefer to have every install file for a specific version
>>> in a single directory. This makes it the easiest way to assemble
>>> download links:
>>>
>>> Example:
>>>
>>> <root-path>/files/3.4.0/...
>>> <root-path>/files/3.4.1/...
>>> <root-path>/files/3.5.0/...
>>
>> We can only keep the most current version in Apache dist. All older
>> versions go to the archive.
>
> Oh yes, right, then it's only one directory.
>
> Marcus

right now -- especially with the desire to continue to serve up
"friendly" dl logic in the new /download/3.3.0 directory, this is really
and truly critical. Yes, it's true, given the Apache current release
dictum, we will only have one directory setup --

/dist/incubator/ooo/files/3.4.0/stable
/dist/incubator/ooo/files/3.4.0/localized

Seriously, once we get past this release, we could and should discuss
this some more, but for now...we don't really have time to re-do the
logic for a different directory setup

MzK

  Helping you out."
                             -- "Ironic", Alanis Morissette